Why your kids will love our San Diego Surf Camp
Our summer San Diego Surf Camp is our favorite time of the year. We love working with kids and seeing their confidence and enthusiasm grow with every wave they catch! Pacific Beach Surf School offers a friendly environment for beginners, with great surf for kids. There are so many reasons to introduce kids to surfing.
1. Safe beaches. Pacific beach is very kid-friendly. With sandy bottoms and a very gradual slope, younger kids can catch great waves all day without having to go into water over their head.
2. The family that surfs together, has the most fun together. The beauty of our San Diego Surf Camp beach breaks is that both experienced and beginner surfers can be at the same break. While your kids catch the white water waves closer to shore. Our coaches will get more experienced surfers out into more challenging waves.
3. Safety first. We spend time going over basic safety procedures with everyone at the start of the day. Kids will learn hand signals, how to protect their heads if they fall, and techniques for safely moving the board through the water. Our coaches help kids understand wave behavior and currents so they can feel confident and comfortable in the water. We typically start kids on a nice, big soft top board too.
4. Professional photography. Our professional on-staff photographer will be snapping photos of you and your family all week long so you can bring all those memories home. Yes, we guarantee a great shot of you catching a beautiful wave, but we’ll also send you home with lots of great candids from your entire stay.
5. They’ll be surfers for life! Every kid we have had here at camp leaves here a surfer. Bragging rights back home aside, surfing is an incredible sport that families can bring with them all over the world. Kids are such fast learners and once they have a solid foundation, they’ll be surfing for life!