Focus on Surf Safety & Environmental Awareness
Professional Surf Photographer!
Daily surf-related activities educate & inspire!
Daily lectures peak young wave-rider’s curiosity
Surf Expression-Session/Contest & Pizza Party on Friday… parents invited to watch!
2020 Surf Camp
We teamed up with Glenn Hening, Surf Rider Foundation Founder, in creating a summer camp curriculum journal structured to provide a fun and enriching setting for youth to build the self-confidence necessary to develop into true water-women and men.
The journal covers oceanography, the environment, the history of surfing, and history of our shop, established 1962.
The journal also integrates former World Surfing Champion Shaun Tomson’s book, “The Surfer’s Code” – 12 Simple Lessons for Riding Through Life!!
Our goal is to ensure a safe and educational time at the beach filled with ocean-related activities and the best surf camp experience for your children.
With a 12-week program designed for only 180 children, small groups allow us to provide more personal attention. Our staff of instructor’s chosen to lead these camps are among the best San Diego has to offer.
Safety comes first with all instructors having CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety certifications by American Red Cross.
All camps run June 8 – August 28
Drop-off begins 30 minutes before camp begins – Pick-up ends 30 minutes after camp ends
Early Bird discounts up to $50 until May 1st. Call for Detail 858-373-1138!
3 and 5 Full Day Camps
A multiple day camp offers the most comprehensive surfing experience around. Campers will have up to three surf sessions per day to practice their newly acquired skills. Surfing etiquette, how to read tide charts, and how waves work are all a part of the day. Week long full day is $550 and 3-Day is $350. Camps from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Single Day Surf Camp
A single full day camp offers a convenient, flexible and affordable way to enjoy surf camp. Campers will learn about surfboards, how to paddle, pop up, and be safe in the water while having fun. Perfect for vacationers or if you just want one day for yourselves, drop the kids off with us. Prices start at $190/ day.
Half Day Surf Camp
Half day surf camps are available Monday through Friday from either 9-12 or 1-4 pm. A great way to introduce kids to surfing as well as the ocean. Campers get tons of personal attention in a safe and fun environment. On top of learning how to surf, campers will learn about water safety, marine life and surf culture. Prices start at $125/ day.
All camps run June to August *Drop-off begins @ 8:30 am – Pick-up ends 30 minutes after camp ends. Early Bird discounts up to $50.00 off. Call for Details!
2020 Surf Camp Schedule – Enrollment Starts In April
- Session 1: June 8 – June 12
- Session 2: June 15 – June 19
- Session 3: June 22 – June 26
- Session 4: June 29 – July 3
- Session 5: July 6 – July 10
- Session 6: July 13 – July 17
- Session 7: July 20 – July 24
- Session 8: July 27 – July 31
- Session 9: August 3 – August 7
- Session 10: August 10 – August 14
- Session 11: August 17 – August 21
- Session 12: August 24 – August 28
Getting Ready For Surf Camp
Campers will be greeted by our Surf School Director and surf camp instructors.
Parents/guardians will be required to sign in your child during drop-off and sign out after pickup.
Surfboard / Bodyboard and wetsuit is included along with snacks and a water refill station, but your little camper will need to bring the following:
- Bathing suit or board shorts
- Sun Hat
- Focus on surf safety & environmental awareness
- Actual surf shop meeting location
- Outdoor fresh water rinse off
- Restrooms onsite
- 3:1 student to instructor ratio
- Professional surf photographer available!
- CPR and Water Safety Certified instructors
- Campers are grouped based on age & ability
- Parents always welcome on the beach
- Daily surf-related activities educate & inspire!
- Surf Expression-Session & Pizza Party on Friday… parents invited to watch!